This project is read-only.

Getting started

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:48 AM
Hi

I have just dicovered Silverlight Slide.Show. Looks good. I unpacked the zip and read the Quick Start PDF. However, when I set up my first page, pasted in the code from the PDF and previewed my efforts in MS IE7 I am greeted with a browser page with the Silverlight link/advert with a white background, not a blank slideshow as illustrated. The code including the paths seem correct, the html and two JS files are together and Silverlight.js seems to being seen.

Any assistance appreciated

Ian

Sep 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Did you download and install the Silverlight plugin for your browser?
Sep 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM
I ran into the same problem. The quick start fails to mention that you need a scripts section in the configuration.xml. Something like this

<

scripts>

<

script key="AlbumViewer" url="Scripts/AlbumViewer.js" />

<

script key="Button" url="Scripts/Button.js" />

<

script key="DataProvider" url="Scripts/DataProvider.js" />

<

script key="NavigationTray" url="Scripts/NavigationTray.js" />

<

script key="ProgressIndicator" url="Scripts/ProgressIndicator.js" />

<

script key="SlideDescription" url="Scripts/SlideDescription.js" />

<

script key="SlideViewer" url="Scripts/SlideViewer.js" />

<

script key="ThumbnailViewer" url="Scripts/ThumbnailViewer.js" />

<

script key="Transition" url="Scripts/Transition.js" />

</

scripts>

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:24 AM
Sorry for the delay in reply - I've been away.

Yes I did and it appears to be correctly called in the header and the path is correct and it's per sample.

Ian
Sep 27, 2008 at 5:34 AM
Sorry for the delay in response, I've been away.

Thanks for the script tags.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.  I found the downloaded files had a "Debug" folder between the "Slide.show" and "Scripts" folders. Removing that and bring the js scripts up a level made the paths appear okay, but to no avail.

Ian
Oct 3, 2008 at 7:05 PM
The only think that I can think of is that it must be tested on a live server (if you're not already).  I thought I had the same problem at first, but I had not posted the page and files to the web.
Oct 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM
jcmtemple is correct. The slideshow will only work if hosted by a Web server (IIS, etc.). You can't just open the HTML page directly on the desktop, for example. However, it will work if you open the solution in Visual Studio and browse to the Samples folder, of course.

The scripts tag is only necessary for Debug versions of Slide.Show so that it can use the individual script files. When you are using the Release scripts, then it's all consolidated into one big script, so the scripts tag is unnecessary.