Customizable Properties??

Jun 18, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Everyone tells me that Silverlight and Slide.Show is very customizable but since I am new to this I dont know any of the methods or functions...thus limiting my slideshow to examples taken from source code that is already up on the web. Does anyone know where I can find some sort of docs or library where all the different methods and functions will be located for Slide.Show so I can maximize its full potential??  Thank you....

-Sean
Jun 18, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Sean,

The devs are still writing up all the docs. In the meantime, an easy way to find a lot of the properties is to open up the various .js files in the debug folder and look for the properties being merged with the options list.

For example, in 'AlbumViewer.js':
   SlideShow.merge(this.options,
   {
      top: 0,
      left: 0,
      bottom: 0,
      right: 0,
      background: "Black",
      visibility: "Collapsed",
      transitionSlideOnAlbumChange: true,
      pageContainer: {},
      albumNavigation: {},
      albumButton: {}
   });

These are all properties which you can easily modify. So if I wanted to change the albumViewer's background to transparent, I would drop this in the config file:
     <option name="albumViewer.background" value="Transparent" />

Luck
Jun 18, 2008 at 7:05 PM
thanks

but I found the debug files and i put in 

<option name="progressIndicator.progressBackground" value="Transparent" />

i tried it both under 

<

module type="ProgressBar" />

and
<module type = "SlideViewer"/>

and it is still showing the progress bar with the thumbnails  and  play/next/previous button on it but i want to make that go away.

am i putting something in the wrong spot or giving the wrong command.???

Kracker wrote:
Sean,

The devs are still writing up all the docs. In the meantime, an easy way to find a lot of the properties is to open up the various .js files in the debug folder and look for the properties being merged with the options list.

For example, in 'AlbumViewer.js':
   SlideShow.merge(this.options,
   {
      top: 0,
      left: 0,
      bottom: 0,
      right: 0,
      background: "Black",
      visibility: "Collapsed",
      transitionSlideOnAlbumChange: true,
      pageContainer: {},
      albumNavigation: {},
      albumButton: {}
   });

These are all properties which you can easily modify. So if I wanted to change the albumViewer's background to transparent, I would drop this in the config file:
     <option name="albumViewer.background" value="Transparent" />

Luck

Jun 18, 2008 at 8:05 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Little confused,

To make the background of the progress bar transparent, you don't need that first progressIndicator in the name if its already under the progressBar module:
    <module type="ProgressBar">
      <option name="progressForeground" value="Transparent" />
    </module>

As far as making the progress bar or play/pause and the thumbnails go away, just don't add the ProgressBar module or the NavigationTray module, respectivly.
Jun 18, 2008 at 9:21 PM
got it!  thank you very much

Kracker wrote:
Little confused,

To make the background of the progress bar transparent, you don't need that first progressIndicator in the name if its already under the progressBar module:
    <module type="ProgressBar">
      <option name="progressForeground" value="Transparent" />
    </module>

As far as making the progress bar or play/pause and the thumbnails go away, just don't add the ProgressBar module or the NavigationTray module, respectivly.