Slide.Show For Microsoft Expression Web 2

May 31, 2008 at 3:07 AM
I am trying to implement Slide.Show into my site that I made with Microsoft Expression Web 2.

I successfully got to the "black box" stage, but after inputting:

<script type="text/javascript">
 new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider({ url: "SlideShow/Configuration.xml}));
 </script>

The entire page appears completely blank.

I went ahead and made all of the other files according to the video tutorial, and cross-referenced my page to the Quick Start Guide. All of the other code appears correct, but the displayed webpage is empty.

I don't know much about HTML, but I suppose my real question is; can I make this application in Microsoft Expression Web 2? If so, some guidance would greatly be appreciated! 
Developer
Jun 9, 2008 at 4:56 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2008 at 4:56 PM
Hi lonelyrobot,

I'm unsure of what would be causing the problem, but I did notice that you are missing a quotation mark in your provided snippet:

<script type="text/javascript">
 new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider({ url: "SlideShow/Configuration.xml " }));
  </script>

Hopefully this helps. If not, I would carefully recheck your HTML and web structure to ensure the required files are present (also, as mentioned in a different post, that the page is hosted on some form of web server).

Thanks,
Daryll