"this.host.settings is undefined" error in FireFox

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Hello, I've just taken over a website that uses Slide.Show, so I'm struggling a bit to debug this error. Our slideshow appears correctly in both IE and Chrome, but not in FireFox 9.0.1. The problem seems to have started with the 9.0.0 release. FireBug can only tell me "this.host.settings is undefined" and refer me to the Slide.Show.js file. We have an .asp (moving to .aspx...someday) site, if that helps/matters. I'd be glad to provide any other information you might need. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Jan 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

What version of slideshow are you using? 

I am using version 1.2 and have problems with Firefox, I get the black rectangle with no controls visible.   Chrome and IE work fine.  I was going to try upgrading to version 2, but don’t want to waste the time if there are issues with that version too.

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:58 AM

I had Slide.show stop working a while ago also under firefox and just realized thanks to this thread that I have the same problem (thanks to firebug).  Would it be possible to post a fixed javascript file?  Error is : this.host.settings is undefined   (line 6 which isn't super helpful).   If the slideshow won't work under firefox, it's not terribly useful as a general slideshow tool since a good fraction of visitors will get a blank space.