SlideLeftTransition Does not work for Flickr Albums

Apr 24, 2008 at 6:56 PM
First off let me just say my hats off to the team that developed this totally awesome silverlight control, this is truly awesome.

I have discovered an issue however whilst trying to implement this on my site. I have found that if I try to use any other transition other than the one specified in the flickr sample I get an error "Invalid Transition: CrossFadeTransition". I have noticed that there are some properties in the data.xml file of the sample where this works that apply to the transition. Is there a way to move these to the configuration.xml so that these other transistions can be utilized by the flickr app?

Again let me just say this tool is making my web site exciting again. I can let Flickr worry about keeping my photo gallery online and I can just pull those photos into my site, so much easier. I had a gallery my web hosting compay provided but they kept monkeying with the db server which in turn hosed up my gallery, I won't have to worry about that anymore using this control. So a big thank you!!!
Developer
Apr 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Hi Haakon,

Thanks for the complements!

This is a fairly simple fix, but without proper documentation, it can be hard to find the answer. : )
To specify a different transition for the Flickr provider, make sure the "transitions" and "dataProvider" sections have the following:

1) the proper declaration for the transition that you want
2) the "transition" option specified as part of the dataProvider

Here's an example:
<transitions>
<!--<transition type="FadeTransition" name="CrossFadeTransition" />-->
<transition type="ShapeTransition" name="CircleOutTransition" /> <--- NEW TYPE OF TRANSITION
</transitions>
<dataProvider type="FlickrDataProvider">
<option name="userName" value="(name)" />
<option name="transition" value="CircleOutTransition" /> <--- THIS IS THE OPTION FOR CHANGING THE DEFAULT TRANSITION
</dataProvider>

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Daryll H
Vertigo Inc.