This project is read-only.

Fading out the navigation bar

Apr 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM
I couldn't find a discussion on how to do this so I will pose the question. At the VERTIGO web site (http://www.vertigo.com/SlideShow.aspx) I noticed that when the page loads the navigation bar fades out until you hover over it. This is perfect for the main page of a web site. How do you go about fading out the navigation bar? Thanks in advance.
Apr 22, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Hi dcampos,

In your configuration file, make sure that your NavigationTray module has the following options specified:

<module type="NavigationTray">
<option name="initialFadeTimout" value="5000" /> <--- Specifies how long to display the navigation tray initially before fading
<option name="fadeOpacity" value="0" /> <--- Specifies what opacity to fade to (This may be the answer to your question)
<option name="fadeInAnimationDuration" value="0.3" /> <--- Specifies how long the "fade in" animation should take when mousing
over the tray area (in seconds)
<option name="fadeOutAnimationDuration" value="1" /> <--- Specifies the same for the "fade out" animation when mousing out
</module>

Hopefully this helps you find what you were looking for... Also, sorry for the lack of a proper manual (we haven't had the time here @ Vertigo to properly document all of the options available)

Thanks,
Daryll H
Vertigo Inc.