Release script and extendsClass

Apr 2, 2008 at 6:42 AM
With change set 14369, I've found that the release script no longer seems to work. When I try the "typical" sample out as it is, it works fine. I then tried using the release script to combine all of the .js scripts into one and changed Configuration.xml to remove the <scripts> node since everything was combined into the released slideshow.js. When I try loading the page, I find that the control gives a JavaScript error and won't load.

Any suggestions on how to get the release script to work now?

Thanks!
Apr 22, 2008 at 5:11 PM
I am seeing the same problem. Does anyone have any throughts?

uncleleo wrote:
With change set 14369, I've found that the release script no longer seems to work. When I try the "typical" sample out as it is, it works fine. I then tried using the release script to combine all of the .js scripts into one and changed Configuration.xml to remove the <scripts> node since everything was combined into the released slideshow.js. When I try loading the page, I find that the control gives a JavaScript error and won't load.

Any suggestions on how to get the release script to work now?

Thanks!

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:28 PM
I have created the following issues to track this problem.

At some point the release version of Slide.Show was broken
Apr 22, 2008 at 5:38 PM
I was never able to find a solution to the problem so I ended up working around it by using the .js files separately. I'd certainly prefer being able to combine everything using the release script.
Developer
Apr 22, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Edited Apr 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM
Hi uncleleo/chrispat01,

I've been discussing this issue with one of our contributors, and have checked in a temporary solution to the problem. If you get the latest changeset (16983), everything should release just fine.

Thanks,
Daryll H
Vertigo Inc.
Apr 22, 2008 at 10:05 PM
It seems to be working now.

Thanks a bunch.