Silverlight 2.0

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Any chance this app will be ported to Silverlight 2.0?
Developer
Mar 25, 2008 at 4:59 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2008 at 5:00 AM
Yes :) I don't have an ETA or anything, but I believe there is something in the works and Vertigo will be leading the effort. Don't quote me on anything though :)
Jul 1, 2008 at 8:24 AM
Is there something new on this subject ...?

Maybe someone from the developer-team can give a short response, thank you for that in advance.
Jul 13, 2008 at 5:55 PM
To get the SilverLight to function in FireFox ver. 3 I had to replace the Silverlight.js file on a project site (which is currently using sample images) with the latest .js available -- which, for convenience, I picked up from the Slide.Show site. Then I went to look at the NBC Olympics pre-coverage which requires the SL ver 2 plugin. After installing that, Slide.Show now works as before except for the full-screen feature, which tries to load but doesn't -- in FireFox.

Everything else works -- galleries, the slides, etc. It seems to be another FF issue as all features are working in IE7.
Aug 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM
The latest firefox now works with silverlight 2 but still no luck with slide.show. (Firefox never seems to know silverlight is installed on machine and keeps promting for download) Does anyone have a work around? Thanks
Aug 5, 2008 at 7:03 AM
I followed ArthurB's suggestion by replacing the existing Silverlight.js file with a new one from Silverlight Code Page.

I can confirm that Full Screen does not work in Firefox 3 on Windows Vista (it works fine on OSX).

I noticed in Firefox 3 on vista that a new Firefox window opens but quickly closes.

For more details check out my blog - ericphan.info

Regards,

Eric Phan www.ssw.com.au

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Brilliant Ericphan. Had previously replaced my silverlight.js with the wrong one. Your links were helpful. Good progress there. Hopefully the full screen issue will be resolved soon.
Aug 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Looking forward to the Silverlight 2.0 version of this as I have too many problems with Java in my environment and would like to stay away from that if possible. :-)

Thanks for all the neat work on this project, it looks really nice.

Oct 1, 2008 at 10:08 AM
:-) I've been checking back every week. Am really looking forward to a Silverlight 2.0 release of this control. Any chance of getting an idea when it might be out?

Thanks for the information.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Yep, it's coming soon... Slide.Show 2 in managed code. I'll be sure to make a big announcement when it's ready for release. This latest Slide.Show 1.2 release means you can choose to keep your existing slideshows as is without worrying when Silverlight 2 RTMs or upgrading Slide.Show.
Oct 21, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2008 at 12:09 PM
*rubs hands together*

With Silverlight 2 RTMed this is one of the first straight 2.0 tools I want to use. :-)

No pressure, just eagerness.
-D