Problems with browser-cached files.

Mar 12, 2008 at 3:11 AM
I added Slide.Show to my website along with a couple of albums. I then added another album to the data file. The problem is that viewers of my site don't see the newly added album without clearing their browser cache. My users are not terribly savy and even if there were, having to clear the cache everytime you visit the site just to see if there's a new album is a bit annoying.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to address this?
Apr 8, 2008 at 3:48 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Slide Show holding on to the cache data.xml file. Hate to have my users clearing their temporary internet files everytime the data.xml file changes. Anyone have any ideas how to keep the Slide Show from reading from the browswer cache and just have it reload the data.xml file each time it opens?
Apr 22, 2008 at 7:17 PM
I found this in the Silverlight forums and it seems to partially solve the problem.

var variavel = Math.random(1000);

SlideShow.merge(this.options,
{
url: "DataEspecies.xml?p=" + variavel
});

It seems to load the new data when the browser is closed and then opened. It doesn't refresh the data if I just hit refresh.
Jul 20, 2010 at 9:30 AM

hope your problem had been solved. Can any one have any sloution for this problem i used slide show to read from database but the action not effected without clearing the browser cache.

I used IE8 but FF not has this problem so what can i do to slove this problem with IE8