Just another example of creating Data.xml...

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM
Since my first try to automatically generate data.xml and thumbnails, I'm currently using a simpler approach to generate album information. Instead of checking the directories at runtime (the content does not change that often) I'm currently playing around with the Microsoft Expression Media tool. This program has a nice catalog expert feature which allows to generate a list of catalog items (in this case pictures) with their associated meta data. I can now simply read the catalog files a runtime to generate the data.xml file on the fly. Please find an example at https://dtv42.homeserver.com/HomePage/ (there is the first version at PhotoGallery.zip and the new version at PhotoGalleryCatalog.zip).

This is not fully automatic but the various features of Microsoft Expression Media allow very flexible catalog creation (the exported catalog file defines the album content). The album meta data file (title and description of albums) is a XML file created by hand (not really difficult).

Have fun...

Please take into account that this is my private home-server so download speed is limited....