Javascript error

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:57 AM
I am trying to get the slideshow to work but i get javascript error. He is what I have so far. I have copied all the samples images to my image dir in my website the path is /images/silverlight/ in my config xml file i have

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration width="600" height="400" background="Silver">
<modules>
<module type="SlideViewer" />
<module type="ProgressBar" />
<module type="SlideDescription" />
<module type="NavigationTray">
<option name="thumbnailViewer.left" value="83" />
</module>
</modules>
<transitions>
<transition type="FadeTransition" name="CrossFadeTransition" />
<transition type="WipeTransition" name="WipeRightTransition">
<option name="direction" value="Right" />
</transition>
</transitions>
<dataProvider type='XmlDataProvider'>
<option url='/scripts/XML/Data.xml'/>
</dataProvider>
</configuration>

im my scripts dir i have the configuration file as well as data.xml the data.xml is exactly the same as the samples and points to the samples images only difference is my path as stated earlier is /images/silverlight/ I am eventually going to knock together an ashx to dynamically build up the Data.xml file. In my page i have the following code

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/SilverLight/silverLight.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/SilverLight/slideShow.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider({ url:"/scripts/XML/Configuration.xml" }));
</script>

I can see the gallery box and all the buttons can even maxmise however i dont not see any images. In both ie7 and firefox i get javascript error. Firebug tells me the error is

Undefined property undefined line 7 (the line 7 will be misleading becuase everything is on one line ) anyone any ideas?

PS this is a really cool control cant wait to get it working and using Umbraco CMS to serve up the images.
Feb 7, 2008 at 9:03 AM
Guys,

Got it working my error was in config

<option url='/scripts/XML/Data.xml'/>

i changed to

<option name="url" value="/scripts/XML/Data.xml" />

This really is a cool control. I am going to now knock together some code so that the source will be umbraco cms media folder i can do it quick and dirty and spit out aspx page with xml in and xml header or knock together ashx which is proper way of doing things either way this rocks!!!

Regards

Ismail