This project is read-only.

Frustrated.... Firefox problem....

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Ok, I've been messing with this control and love it. But I can't get it to work with Firefox. Here's the story.

I've got the latest version of Firefox installed, and I can see the slide show at http://www.vertigo.com/SlideShow.aspx so the problem isn't with my version of Firefox. The Vertigo site also works with IE.....

I then downloaded the lastest version of the slidshow, and copied the whole Slide.Show folder up to my development server. I made NO changes to the folders, contents of the folders, or the configuration files.

If I goto http://previewgvc.os-cubed.com/slide.show/samples/default.html with IE, it works, yet if I use Firefox, the control seems to initialize, but no photos are displayed.

So Firefox works against the Vertigo site, yet doesn't work against my site, even though I made no changes to the downloaded files....

Can anyone help? My Car Club site needs a slideshow....
Jim
Rochester NY
Jan 27, 2008 at 1:04 AM
I also was having issues. I even stripped it down to the most simplist HTML and could not get it to work either. After playing around, I have determined the latest download is no good. What I did was grabbed the js files from the vertigo site and also used their js call that I have pasted below

This was the only thing that solved my issues. I am also using an iframe to make it work currently, so if what you are doing doesn't use an iframe and it still does not work with the above solution. try that next.

<script type="text/javascript">
new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider({ url: "/Configuration.xml" }));
</script>
Jan 27, 2008 at 6:26 AM
If you got the latest version from the Source Code tab, rather than the official 1.1 release, there was a bug (affecting Safari and Firefox only) that was introduced by changeset 13647. It's fixed with the latest changeset (14289).

Also, there is a separate Firefox issue if you are using the Silverlight 1.1 Alpha release. This issue is easily fixed and is addressed here.
Jan 27, 2008 at 7:14 PM
I downloaded and installed build #14289, and that fixed my FireFox issues. Thanks.

Jim