This project is read-only.

How to set zindex?

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:47 AM
Is there some way of setting the zindex for the slideshow?
My flash navigation is always below the slideshow no matter how high i set my flash navigation

I even tried .SlideShow{z-index:-1} in css but still useless
Slide show will always be above other flash
Jan 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM
I'm having a similar issue, except that I'm not using flash. I'm using asp:panels and javascript to show my menu (part of the ajax toolkit). The popup is always behind the slide.show. I tried the whole z-index thing too, and it didn't work. Any ideas?
Feb 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2008 at 1:24 AM
I'm having the same issue. Anyone found a work around? An example of the issue is at:
http://www.brun.k12.va.us/division/spellingbee/
Feb 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM
I never found a solution. I ended changing how my menu cascaded so that it wouldn't overlap the slide show. I don't like it very much but couldn't figure anything else out. If you find a solution please please please put it up here.
Feb 14, 2008 at 8:50 PM
Anyone know if this is a issue with the Slide.Show control or is it a Silverlight issue?
Feb 15, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Does anyone know if the isWindowless property of the Slide.Show is set to true?
Feb 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2008 at 11:23 PM
OK, I think I found a solution. At least it works one of my pages (http://www.brun.k12.va.us/division/spellingbee/) that I have tested it on so others give it a try. What I did was add windowless="true" to the configuration line of the Configuration.xml file. So the line would look something like this: <configuration width="800" height="537" background="Silver" windowless="true"> Let me know if this works for you guys.

(Edited for typos, glad it is Friday and I figured it out since it drove me crazy until I did. I was so excited when I found a solutions I couldn’t type :) )
Feb 15, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Hokie, you totally figured it out! It worked in my situation with the ajax menu extender. Thank you very much for figuring it out, and especially for posting the solution for the rest of us.
Feb 16, 2008 at 3:51 AM
Nice find guys.