Changing the behavior of the thumbnail:hover

Developer
Jan 4, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Just curious what it would take to change the behavior of when a user hovers over a thumbnail image.

I see the option to set enablePreview=false which hides the thumbnailPreview. However, what I really want to do is scale the thumbnail up instead of some the preview control.

Similar to this flash control:
http://www.flashden.net/files/11438/index.html

(check the useExpandOnMoveOver checkbox)

Also, what would it take to enable the automatic thumbnalViewer scrolling based on the mouse position instead of having to manually click on the left/right arrows?
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Interesting idea that would make a cool contribution if done correctly (without breaking or removing existing functionality).

Obviously, code would have to change to make this work, but I don't think it would be that hard. Off the top of my head, you could first turn off the ThumbnailPreview class/behavior (e.g. probably by just using the enablePreview option). Then, I would just modify the ThumbnailButton class to add a hover storyboard (if one does not already exist) that enlarges the active image -- you could use a storyboard like the ThumbnailPreview class has since it also enlarges an image.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM

mathisjay wrote:
Also, what would it take to enable the automatic thumbnalViewer scrolling based on the mouse position instead of having to manually click on the left/right arrows?

Depending on how you want it to work, it can be hard or easy. :) Off the top of my head, you could try handling MouseMove events on the ThumbnailViewer (or one of the classes it contains -- e.g. PageContainer) and depending on the cursor location, tell it to show the next/previous page...