This project is read-only.

Flickr options?

Dec 26, 2007 at 1:38 PM
Hello. I found this cool tools and want to put on my website. Pictures will be store on flickr, each theme in an album.
I found how to remove the album's button (I move it outside the interface :) ) and now I want to start the show on a specific album. How can I do this ?

Other question : I haven't found the option to loop the show. Is it possible ?

Thanks
Boris
Dec 27, 2007 at 2:10 AM
Hi Boris,

Reguarding your second question, I found I can set the option "slideShowNavigation.loopAlbum" to true to on the "NavigationTray" get the slide show to loop.

Something like this in configuration.xml:
<modules>
<module type="NavigationTray">
<option name="slideShowNavigation.loopAlbum" value="true" />
</module>
</modules>

-Jeff
Dec 27, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Ok. Thanks a lot. And it is working ! :)

Still the choice of the specific album on FlickR and I could put it on my website.
Dec 27, 2007 at 5:14 PM
Edited Dec 27, 2007 at 5:16 PM
@BorisFR, the "startalbumindex" and "startslideindex" options let you start on a specific album and/or slide. You would use it in your data file like this:

<data startalbumindex="4" startslideindex="9">...</data>
This starts the slideshow on the 10th slide of the 5th album (i.e. it's zero-based).
Dec 27, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Oops, I just re-read your question and noticed that you are using the FlickrDataProvider, which doesn't use an XML data file, so my suggestion above won't work in this case.

To add support for this feature, you would need to modify the FlickrDataProvider class in the DataProvider.js file, adding the "startalbumindex" and "startslideindex" options to the default set of options in the constructor of the class and default them to 0. Then, you just need to make sure that you process these options appropriately when you create the JSON data object used by Slide.Show. Once this is done, users will be able to override the options directly from the XML configuration file.

If you end up adding this functionality, please let us know. It would be a great contribution to Slide.Show!
Dec 28, 2007 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for the answer.
With my poor knowledge of javascript (and I have to learn the FlickR API), I don't take officially the point, but I will look at it. If I succeed, I will post here the code. But for now, I'm preparing the new year day... so it is for next year :)
If someone want to do it before, don't hesitate !

Happy New year !

Boris
Jan 3, 2008 at 10:07 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2008 at 10:16 PM
@BorisFR, I don't think you need to know the Flickr API for this. You will need to write a little bit of JavaScript to implement the startalbumindex and startslideindex options for the FlickrDataProvider, however.

Really, it should be pretty simple. You just need to insert the correct values into the JSON object ultimately used by Slide.Show for its data.