Transparent Background

Dec 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Hey there,
is there an option to make the SlideViewer background transparent? Or alternatively, use a background gif?
Trying to make it look seamless an a page with a texured bg.

TIA and great work!
Rgds - Marcus.
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2007 at 3:48 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2007 at 3:49 PM

amosmax wrote:
is there an option to make the SlideViewer background transparent? Or alternatively, use a background gif?

@amosmax, there's actually a "Transparent" sample already included in the release/source code. Please check it out. I believe the configuration option you'd use is "windowless".

There's not currently a way to use images as backgrounds for the slideshow, but it's a feature I think we should definitely add. Feel like contributing? ;)
Dec 21, 2007 at 6:05 PM
yeah, I figured that sample was intended to show that. Gotta admit though, I can't figure out the inline syntax that's called there (there's no data or config attached in that sample)
??
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Basically, the "Transparent" sample is a minimal slideshow (with no images) that uses inline JSON configuration instead of XML configuration for some arbitrary reason. It could just as easily have used XML files for its configuration and data (like the "Typical" and "Vertigo" samples).

If I were you, I would just copy the configuration file out of the "Vertigo" sample, and then change the options to match the ones specified inline by the "Transparent" sample. Specifically, the important options here are the "windowless=true" option and, in your case, the "background=Transparent" option.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or feedback. And please let us know (in the Slide.ShowAndTell thread) where we can check out your slideshow when you're done! Thanks!

Apr 13, 2008 at 12:51 AM
Change the config file to read:

<configuration width="700" height="500" background="Transparent" windowless="true">

This should sort out the background.