Why is the Silverlight install prompt so small if Silverlight 1.0 is not installed?

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:49 PM
when user visits my html page with slide show plugin defined and without silverlight installed option to download is displayed very small. I'm using the following html in an office.live.com basics page setup and when the visitor doesn't have silverlight installed the option to install is only about 1" high x 2" wide. If they have siliverlight installed then I get a full screen width x 480px high plugin view.

<iframe id="iframe1" src="/Documents/CpAlbums.htm" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="480px">
Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
</iframe>
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2007 at 9:43 PM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 6:25 AM
@robertob, Slide.Show uses the standard Silverlight.js script released by Microsoft. Therefore, the generated HTML that displays the prompt to install the Silverlight runtime (when a user does not already have it installed) is not something that is modified by code specific to Slide.Show.

When you visit other sites using Silverlight, does the install prompt display correctly for you (i.e. different from the prompt displayed by Slide.Show)? If so, could it be that your page uses CSS in a way that is impacting the HTML generated by Silverlight.js? I have seen this before, in which case I'd recommend installing either the IE Developer Toolbar (for IE) or Firebug (Firefox) to troubleshoot your HTML/CSS.

Again, the Slide.Show control does not alter Silverlight's generated HTML in any way. When I uninstall Silverlight and try to view one of the Slide.Show samples in my browser, then I'm seeing the standard/default Silverlight prompt as expected.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions or feedback. Thanks!