Is there a way to specify non-default paths for the XML configuration and/or data files?

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:19 PM
I'm am trying to make use of this great silverlight 1.0 plugin in the office.live.com basics hosting services environment. Currently they do not support use of a folder hierarchy when publishing Documents that get used to render navigation menu selected pages. This means just 1 silverlight.js and 1 slideshow.js for the entire site. I'm looking for a way in the html javascript new SlideShow.Control statement to tell it the path/name of the Configuration.xml & Data.xml files it should use. This way I can maintain navmenu1default.htm/navmenu1configuration.xml/navmenu1data.xml, navmenu1default.htm/navmenu2configuration.xml/navmenu2data.xml, etc. files on the site that allow each navigation menu selection to show a different set of albums with the option for different slideshow plugin configuration settings in each case.
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2007 at 4:09 AM
Edited Dec 15, 2007 at 8:02 AM
Yes! In the page, just modify the inline script tag as follows:

<script type="text/javascript">
   new SlideShow.Control(new SlideShow.XmlConfigProvider({ url: "MyPath/MyConfigFile.xml" }));
</script>
Then, in your configuration file, specify this:

<dataProvider type="XmlDataProvider">
	<option name="url" value="MyPath/MyDataFile.xml" />
</dataProvider>
Also, it helps to remember that all paths are relative to the page where the Slide.Show control is hosted. Good luck and keep the questions and feedback coming!
Mar 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM
I have a similar problem. Is it possible to have one config-file, but several data-files (several Silde-Shows)?
It seams you have to specify the data-file in the config-file (right?)

Thanks for advice ...
Martin
May 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Has anyone tried this lately? I just tried it but the silverlight window was showing up blank.

Thank you
Justin