Is there a way to show the album view initially?

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:22 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that Slide.Show is very nice and we're working on integrating it into our site, more info on that once it's done. Is there any config option or something similar to show the album list on startup instead of a slideshow?
Dec 14, 2007 at 5:13 PM
I'm looking for the same thing and have posted a request in the issue tracker area to have this option added.
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2007 at 7:58 AM
Edited Dec 15, 2007 at 7:58 AM
There wasn't an easy way show the album view initially until now. I just checked in an update to the source code.

Here's how to configure it:

<module type="NavigationTray">
	<option name="initialAlbumView" value="true" />
</module>
billreiss, when your slideshow is done, please post a link in the Slide.ShowAndTell thread so we can check it out. Thanks!
Dec 17, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Thank you for the quick response! This does exactly what I need. I'll let you know when we've got it deployed and you can check it out.
Jan 9, 2008 at 12:52 AM
Hey guys,
I have placed this entry into the Configuration.xml file and the Slide.Show control stills starts by going throught the first album.
I have the latest version of Slide.Show which is v1.1 with the update.
Any help is appreciated.
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2008 at 5:46 AM
Edited Jan 9, 2008 at 5:47 AM

uglygizmo wrote:
Hey guys,
I have placed this entry into the Configuration.xml file and the Slide.Show control stills starts by going throught the first album.

@uglygizmo, it sounds like you are trying to change the default start album, as opposed to the initialAlbumView option described above (which starts the slideshow with the album view displayed). The way you change the default start album and slide is by modifying the data file as follows:

<data startalbumindex="4" startslideindex="9">...
This will start the slideshow on the 10th slide of the 5th album. Hope this helps!
Jan 9, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Thanks for the reply billyzkid.
What I am trying to do is display the album view the first time the control is displayed as initialAlbumView should be doing.
Here is my current configuration.xml file;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration width="750" height="600" background="Silver">
<modules>
<module type="SlideViewer" />
<module type="ProgressBar" />
<module type="SlideDescription" />
<module type="NavigationTray">
<option name="initialAlbumView" value="true" />
<option name="thumbnailViewer.left" value="83" />
</module>
</modules>
<transitions>
<transition type="FadeTransition" name="CrossFadeTransition" />
<transition type="WipeTransition" name="WipeRightTransition">
<option name="direction" value="Right" />
</transition>
</transitions>
<dataProvider type="XmlDataProvider" />
</configuration>
Jan 9, 2008 at 9:53 PM
Scratch that. I just checked out the site again and it is displaying album view first.
I don't know why it didn't when I tested it before. I closed the browser and opened a new one to test it which should refresh the page fully, and I tried it on another machine.

It is working now though.

Sorry to bug you.
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:59 AM
Edited Jan 10, 2008 at 5:00 AM
Yep, I haven't had the problem myself, but I've heard of a few people having trouble getting the control to recognize changes to the configuration and data XML files due to the browser caching them. I guess it could be a combination of your browser's cache settings, whether or not you are closing ALL open browser instances, and what kind of browser plug-ins you have installed. I have seen all of these contribute to the problem. The only sure-fire solution I've found is to explicitly clear your cached files (in IE7, it's Tools | Delete Browsing History | Delete Files). Thanks!
Jul 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM
THankS a lot